Wednesday 13 February 2013

OPEN DOOR with Studio 3 - Moving Images

Session 9
John said the session went well today.


We tried some test recordings for the sounds and voice–overs. Paul used a made up ‘rain stick’ with a cardboard tube and peas to create a rain sound and then tried tapping on the table with his fingers. He thought the ‘rain stick’ worked better for his drawings.


Karrie did a trial run recording the story of the Grim Reaper. She read it through once and had a good rhythm and then picked out certain sentences that she needed to re–record. She said it went okay.



Ian G cut out the photo stills to re–arrange as a photo storyboard for his animation, now renamed ‘In the Grasp of Winter’.




 

Karen worked on a mock–up of her ‘Goddess of Time’ piece, then sponge painted the background colour on a large piece of card with a purple colour – the source of inner light she said. This is the first time Karen has ever painted and she found it really exciting – “I loved it!” “I thought everything had to be done very precisely and measured, but then I went wrong and realised that it produced a good effect.”





At the end, Karen exclaimed "I've really enjoyed it.  I'm really pleased that I have come and am doing something creative in my life!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment