Thursday 21 February 2013

A Thousand Paper Cranes

SESSION 5

We are back in the big dining room and people are coming in with tie dyed bags ready to cut stencils.
I am worried that some of the designs chosen are really fiddly and difficult to cut out!
Yet again I am proven wrong as even the smallest and most complicated designs are cut out with amazing skills and speed!
In no time Rozi is showing everybody how to use more than one colour on the same stencil, and before I can blink, bags are spread flat and stencilled again and again!
The sponges we are using for stencilling give beautiful subtle texture.

Tie dyed and stencilled bag
 
Rozi stencilling with the sponge
              
What day is it? VALENTINE’S DAY!!!
 
So, A THOUSAND STENCILLED HEARTS!!!!!

Rozi is showing off Alison’s beautiful silk painted scarf, and conjuring Milena out of it! Bernadette is showing her stencil designs and underneath are essential items for walking on the wild side!

 
These are some of the things people said during the session:
‘The people that I’m making these (cards) for will be really impressed as they know I’m not creative’
‘I’m at my happiest when I’m messy’
‘Doing this helps me feel like myself again’
Sylvie – ‘The atmosphere is very vibrant. This is a good group’

 

No comments:

Post a Comment