Wednesday 19 September 2012

Hidden Places - Week 6

Seacroft Hospital - Ward 2 - Secure forensic psychiatry.

Milena and I are now building up quite a lot of work.

The women's ward are being very productive with tie-dye fabric creations. One participant has dyed her t-shirt and others have been printing on bags. Some of the women have been given sketch books so that they can work on their designs during the week.

On the men's ward we've been taking photographs and manipulating them digitally. The results are very interesting.


One of the men has also been working on writing a greeting in Arabic Script in rich golden tones...looking forward to seeing how that develops. 

Quotes of note -


Female Ward

“I am really pleased with my bag, it turned out so much better than expected, and I haven’t done any printing since school.”
“This was very good session, I’ve enjoyed this.” Staff member.



Male Ward –

We need three hours, the time goes too quickly.
I like the gold, it looks very good.

It’s amazing how a simple design can be made to look so lovely.




Check in next week and see what's happening on Ward 2!




1 comment:

  1. Nice thought I like you thought I also tell you Don't be tempted by One-Coat plasters or any other type or brand of finishing plaster. Nearly all professionals use Multi-Finish by Thistle as it's the best plaster for the job. Multi-FInish plaster is identifiable by it's bright orange label and is available in all major DIY chains.Plastering London Plasterers Rendering

    ReplyDelete