Tuesday 4 September 2012

Hidden Places - Week 4

Seacroft Hospital - Ward 2 - Secure forensic psychiatry. 




This session Milena and I have been using various printing techniques to produce colourful images. Milena has been using Lino to make printing blocks and I have been using press foam. This week the participants have been very creative and have made lots of abstract and natural themed pieces.


Milena's group has been printing on T-shirts and other fabrics whilst the men have mainly been working on paper that has been processed to make it look textured.



Lino cuts and press foam are great as it's very quick and easy to get lots of repeated images.  Can't wait to wash over the designs next session with some colourful dyes. These will be perfect for collaging onto the large canvases that will soon adorn the entrance area of Ward 2. 




Quotes of note - 

"I really like this, I’ve got a T-shirt, can I print it next time"
"I’m going to buy some canvases when I get my town leave" 

See you next week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and the colour and texture is really uplifting.

    ReplyDelete