Wednesday 15 August 2012

Hidden Places - Week 1

Well it's all go on Ward 2 at the Newsam Centre working on the Hidden Places project. The ward needs something upbeat and eye catching in the entrance; so Milena is being all creative on the women's ward and I'm working with the ward 2 guys.
After a brief introduction to the project, we got off to a great start with some colourful monoprinting...

Milena and I are both very pleased with how enthusiastic and productive the participants were - especially considering it was the first session and the first time most of the participants had ever used monoprinting.



Milena's group were really into natural forms and quickly produced some bright and striking designs. The women are really excited about developing the technique and will be printing on fabric in the next session.
The men's group were into their landscapes and abstract colour compositions. We also spent a lot of time mixing an interesting and original palette instead of using what came out of the paint tube.
I was asked to bring in some bright flourescent paints so I can't wait to see what happens with them.  



Quotes of note....

Women -
I really enjoyed this.
Can’t wait to print on the material, can I make a cushion cover?

Men -
It’s a shame I am leaving the ward this week… I would have liked to do more.
Can we do wild psychedelic/day glow stuff?

Staff -
This looks amazing, can I have a go.
I'm not here next week so I shall miss out. 
It's all go... so watch this space!



No comments:

Post a Comment