Wednesday 22 August 2012

A THOUSAND PAPER CRANES


We continued or began the silk painting; again, drawing a design on paper, tracing it with gutta (to form a barrier or resist) and adding colour by painting with silk paints.

The new participants began on sample pieces and instantly demonstrated their artistic skills, with strong designs and steadily applied gutta.
“I find this so relaxing.”
“I don’t like art.
I’m more scientific. But I’ve changed my mind. I really enjoyed this.”


“You’ve got to keep going with it even when you think it isn’t working. I didn’t like the flowers last week. I was going to go over them, but I thought I’d try this, and I really like it now”.
“The time goes so fast! I found it very relaxing and it allowed me to enter a new world for a few hours”.

“I really like everyone’s different interpretations. That’s something I’m really enjoying (with this project).”

No comments:

Post a Comment