Sunday 19 August 2012

Hidden Places - Week 2

Ward 2 was a little quieter this week. But Milena and I managed to get people on board who created some beautiful pieces.


Milena on the women's ward did some block printing - colourful stylised natural forms on fabric. One participant really enjoyed using watercolour crayons... she'd never used them before so it was a bit of an adventure! There was also bit of T-shirt printing going on too.

Milena also gave me some printed pieces that her group had produced - so the men can work on them... it'll be great to see how they develop.

The men did some work on the mono prints from last week. Some of the pieces were washed over with Brusho inks to bring out the textures and enhance the colour. A great version of Edvard Munch's 'The Scream' was started on a small canvas ... interested to see how that develops. Sorry but no pics of that piece just yet!


We've decided the final piece will be at least two 1m square canvases for the entrance area...one for the boys and one for the girls. I'm fascinated by what the final compositions might look like. Can't wait!

Quotes of note....

Women - It turned out really well

Men - I'm rubbish at art...but it looks cool
           You’ll never get me to have a go…but I might try next time! 
           Can I put that in my room?

Staff - I'm going to try that at home 

No comments:

Post a Comment