Friday 1 March 2013

A Thousand Paper Cranes

Session 6

The final stencilling session was spent making cards and finishing off bags. Now that we have perfected the technique it was easy to make cards for mother’s day and to embellish beautifully all those shopping bags. I can just hear people asking – “Where did you buy such a nice bag?” and of astonishment when they hear the answer – “Well, actually, I made it…”

You can see below how the same stencil can produce two different effects.

Next week we’ve decided to do tile painting and start on the samplers for silk painting, which will then be assembled as a communal art work.

Quote of the week – “This is so different to what I usually do,

I don’t do random…” upon which I heard myself saying“random is good….”

And finally after so much gloom on the weather front, a ray of sunshine, thank you, your work must have teased it out!

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment