Thursday 4 October 2012

Hidden Places - Week 8

Seacroft Hospital - Ward 2 - Secure forensic psychiatry W
With Artists Milena Dragic and Kevin Hickson

Well we're fast approaching the end of the project and theres been some beautiful artwork made over the sessions. 
Milena has been expanding the range of decorative fabric processes and the group is making some amazing colourful work. They have explored silk scarf painting, tie dying and applying metallic gutta. The results look very impressive.



On the male ward we're being very productive working on a variety of painting and printing techniques. We've been making lots of colourful textured pieces to use on the large canvasses that will soon adorn the entrance to Ward 2
Some of the pieces have been digitised and worked on to produce more complex designs. This piece was based on a small hand drawn sign saying 'hello' in Polish.

This piece is made from Arabic script and we decorated it. This week I shall add some gold leaf to really make it look rich and sumptuous.

Quotes of Note

Female Ward -

"I really like tie dying, I want to do more art when I get out, it’s so good for me, I told the Dr … about it."

"I’ll give this to my brothers girlfriend for Xmas."

Male Ward -

"This is good, you are a very fine artist, the best in the world."

"I really like that now, I didn’t like it last week but it looks different today."


See you next week for the last beautifully beguiling instalment from Ward 2....
Milena and Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment