Monday 1 April 2013

A THOUSAND PAPER CRANES

SESSION 9

This is the penultimate session and everybody is busy trying to do as much as they can, because we all know how busy the last session is going to be.  So participants who have just started their scarves were advised to paint it without the gutta, and here are some results:


It seemed to be a purple day as most people wanted to use it, but even when we lifted the scarves up there were beautiful patterns left below on the paper. Some people used the gold gutta as a top decoration, and freehand painting as a background with amazing results.



 Here are some patterns that were revealed on the paper as we lifted the scarves.



And finally, the first finished scarves!



Everyone is looking forward to next week, when we will make a collage of the painted samples and choose the images for the postcards.

"This was just what I needed today".
"Sometimes you don't know if you feel like it. I was thinking, should I go, should I not. But I always feel better for coming here".

"I went home and made a canvas picture for my niece. A first birthday present that she can keep. I stencilled an owl on to it, and added a poem. I was thinking you two would be proud of me. I was inspired!"

No comments:

Post a Comment